Spring has sprung!
We didn’t think it was ever going to happen either. Spring is officially here, and we would argue that Boston has the greatest spring around. The trees are blooming, there’s so much to see and do, and everyone starts to shake off the winter grumpiness!
Our team brainstormed some of the things we’re looking forward to this spring, and we’ve got a pretty extensive bucket list to keep you busy — and having fun — all spring long!
Food & Drink
- Bake some pretty spring cookies and cupcakes.
- Sign up for a CSA and try some new produce.
- Start a vegetable garden in your backyard. Have the kids help you plant, and watch the fruits (or veggies!) of your labor grow!
- Go on a tour of all the amazing ice cream shops in and around Boston.
- Fill up the propane tank and have your first grilled dinner of the season.
- Try some of the best donuts around.
- Enjoy a family-friendly pub.
- Get friends together for an allergy-safe meal.
- Head to Camberville for a fun brunch.
- Go for a ride on the world famous swan boats. Say hi to the ducks and swans in the water.
- Fly a kite at Castle Island. Have some ice cream while you’re there.
- Take a ride on a merry-go-round at the Public Garden or on the Greenway.
- Take a Duck Tour. Quack at everyone you pass, and get ready for splash down!
- Explore one of the many “outside malls” in the area.
- Spend the day shopping on Newbury Street.
- Explore Faneuil Hall and enjoy the street performers.
- Head to the seaport district and see how much it has changed!
- Explore a new neighborhood.
- Check out one of the great free options for kids in the city.
- Enjoy the BOSTON MARATHON!
- Explore Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary, meet the animals at Drumlin Farm, and explore all the Mass Audubon sites.
- Get your kid his first bike and learn to ride it together.
- Get ready for summer by learning to swim.
- Roll down a hill.
- Spend the day cleaning up a local park.
- Get the neighborhood together for a yard sale and donate the proceeds to your community.
- Visit your library and explore new books and genres.
- Plant a community garden for everyone to enjoy.
- Embrace your inner Béyonce and take a dance class.
- Road trip!
- Decorate the sidewalk with chalk, play hopscotch, set up an obstacle course — just get outside!
- Play in the rain — splash in the puddles!
- Check out the local farmer’s markets. Try some new produce, baked goods, and fresh eggs, and support local farms!
- Stop at a wildflower field and pick a bouquet.
- Go berry picking.
- Hike the Blue Hills.