In New England, we are passionate about a lot of things. Good food, good drink, family, and our sports. Even those who don’t care too much about football love our Patriots. Sundays (and Mondays, some Saturdays, and Thursdays, even) are meant for gathering friends and family, watching the game, and eating delicious game-day food!
Now that we in playoffs, it’s time to up the ante on game-day food. Ordering pizza and wings is so 2016 — let’s get cooking and have some fun in the process. As we get ready for the AFC championship game (and get ready for the BIG game), we are going to Make More of Mealtime!
I always like to have food on hand to make everyone happy — whether that’s chili, meatballs, or a fun drink. I eat a mainly paleo diet, so while I generally gravitate toward dairy-, soy-, and grain-free options, I know that isn’t going to suit everybody. I’m loving on this new dip recipe that is sure to please everyone, plus it’s vegan friendly. (Side note, does anyone else feel like they could make a meal of dip?)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen, shelled edamame, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 5 Tbsp. Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Process all ingredients in food processor or high speed blender until smooth.
- Serve, if desired, with gluten-free crackers, corn chips, fresh vegetable sticks and/or plantain chips.
- 3 small zucchini, cut into sticks
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Brush baking sheet with additional Country Crock® Spread; set aside.
- Toss zucchini with Spread in large bowl until coated.
- Combine almond flour and spices.
- Coat zucchini with crumb mixture; arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned and crumbs are crisp.
- Serve, if desired, with tomato sauce, salsa or ketchup.