Cruising with my family was never something that was on my radar. It never occurred to me as something we could do for a family vacation. But when the coveted invite to the Disney Social Media Moms Conference came, I found out that we would be spending three days aboard the Disney Dream, and I was nervous! Since I had never set foot on a cruise ship before, I did my type A thing and started planning and doing all the research and got really excited for our time on the boat.
You know what? It was awesome. Our whole family had an amazing time on board and would cruise again in a heartbeat. My only concern? I’m worried that Disney Cruise Lines have officially ruined us for any other cruise. Disney does a lot, and they do it all well. Here are some reasons you should seriously consider a Disney cruise for your next family trip.
1. You are welcomed on board by name.
It was so cool to hear, “Welcome, Sheena family!”
2. The food is actually good.
Like, legit delicious. And creative. And plentiful.
3. The waiters will stay with you through your dining rotation, and they get to know you and what your family likes and doesn’t like — and they will entertain your kids.
Plus, they cut their food.
4. Ice cream.
All the soft serve, Mickey bars, and Mickey ice cream sandwiches your heart desires.
5. Disney movies on board. These play at the pool and in the theater, including new releases.
6. Broadway-caliber shows every night.
7. Pirate night!
Dress up, dance the night away, and enjoy fireworks on a boat.
8. Spacious staterooms with plenty of storage.
There were five of us in a room, and we were never on top of each other.
9. Bunk beds!
My kids think these are the coolest.
10. A bathroom separate from the shower in each stateroom.
11. Adult-only spaces and restaurants.
12. Kids clubs that keep them entertained all day long.
13. A nursery for little ones.
14. Characters, characters, characters!
15. Castaway Cay is an island paradise.
There is so much to see and do, but it’s nice to just relax in this slice of heaven.
16. The Navigator lets you know all the fun available every day and lets you communicate via messaging with others on board.
17. A full-service spa and salon.
The ship is impeccable, and everyone on board cleans their hands before meals.
19. Wave phones help you stay in touch on board.
20. Hidden Mickeys are everywhere.
21. The Aquaduck slide!
22. You are treated like a VIP from the start.
23. It’s Disney!